What are Veneers?
- Veneers are a thin covering layer of porcelain or composite resin placed over the outside of the tooth.
- They are usually only placed on the outer surface of the tooth that is visible when talking or smiling.
- They are used to improve the colour and shape of teeth.
- They are a more conservative option to a crown and used on teeth that are minimally treated.
- Porcelain veneers require 2 visits and a laboratory technician to individually hand make them for you, so are a more expensive option to fillings.
- Direct composite veneers can be done in 1 visit so can be a more cost effective option if appropriate.
What Are The Benefits of veneers?
- Veneers can be used to change the shape and colour of your teeth with minimal preparation of the teeth.
- They can close gaps in teeth and create straight teeth when orthodontics are not an option.
- They require much less tooth preparation than crowns.