I want a check up
All our examinations cost £19.70 to match the current NHS prices and are highly thorough following our specially designed examination plan which includes the following:
- Thorough examination of your teeth and any restorations.
- Gum disease screening.
- Oral Cancer screening.
- Radiographs on first visit (if required).
- Photographs (if required).
- Smile and orthodontic consultation opinion if requested.
- Discussions on aesthetic improvements if requested.
- Basic occlusal analysis including grinding and tooth wear.
- Immediate referral to NHS or private specialist if needed.
- Smoking cessation advice if needed.
- Diet advice to help protect teeth.
What is a check-up at The Dentist?
- It’s your opportunity to get to know one of our lovely dentists and to discuss your dental needs, dental history and any concerns you may have.
- It’s an examination of your whole mouth, where the dentist can get an idea of your overall oral health, not just your teeth.
- It will enable one of our dentists to give you the all clear or provide you with a full diagnosis if you have a problem.
- Should you need any work doing, your dentist will discuss all your options and costs before making you a tailor made treatment plan to suit your budget and needs.
Why should I go to The Dentist?
- It will help ensure problems with your teeth and gums are avoided or that they can be dealt with before they have a chance to cause you problems.
- By having regular examinations we can help prevent disease and catch things early.
- If problems are left untreated they can be more difficult to deal with in the future.
How often should i go to The Dentist?
- Every 3 months to every 2 years depending on your oral health.
- On your first visit to The Dentist we will advise the best interval for you.
- If you have any problems between check ups there is no need to wait, we will always be happy to see you.