What happens if you can’t save my tooth?
- We will always do everything we can to save a tooth if you want us to.
- In some cases, despite our best efforts we are unable to.
- If that is the case we know it can be upsetting to have a tooth removed but we will do all we can to make it as pleasant an experience as possible.
- Wherever we can we will discuss options to restore the space prior to removal of the tooth and aim to restore the space as quickly as possible (even on the same day if we can).
A tooth may need to be extracted if the following occurs:
- Severe decay
- Advanced periodontal disease
- Infection or abscess
- Orthodontic correction
- Mal-positioned teeth
- Fractured teeth or roots
- Impacted teeth