What are dentures?
- A Denture is a removable replacement for missing teeth and surrounding tissues.
- There are two types of dentures available: partial and complete dentures.
- Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain.
- Complete dentures are used when all teeth are lost.
- These are a cost effective way to replace multiple missing teeth.
- You are now able to get implant-retained dentures for a more stable option.
- As with indirect restorations they require impressions and laboratory visits. They can require anything from 2-4 visits depending on the complexity of the case.
What are the benefits of dentures?
- They are a great cost effective way of replacing multiple missing teeth.
- They are a good temporary measure whilst you wait for healing from recent extractions until permanent solutions such as bridges or implants are made.
- Emergency dentures can be made relatively quickly