Botox and Fillers…
What’s the difference between Botox and Fillers?
- Botulinum toxin is a natural, purified protein that is used to temporarily relax facial muscles that cause lines and wrinkles.
- It can also be used to treat medical conditions such excessive sweating.
- Botox is the original and best-known brand name.
- It is used to reduce the appearance of fine lines on the face such as crows feet, lines on forehead and between the eyebrows (lines created by facial expression)
- It usually lasts 3-6 months.
- Fillers are also used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- They are more suited when the skin is thinner and has lost volume.
- This can occur with age as we loose collagen and elastin or another example would be people who lead a very active or high impact lifestyle (eg.runners)
- They reduce the appearance of lines or wrinkles by adding volume back to the skin and face.
- It can last up to 18 months.
Let an expert at The Dentist decide the best option for you. We provide a free consultation.